Spraying urine is one of the predominant problems a cat owner has to deal with. Cats use their urine to mark their territory and to notify other cats they’ve already been there. This standard behavior is known as urine spraying.
Your pets aren’t spraying with a purpose Smudge Spray to make you angry. It is a part of cats’ natural conduct and is coded inside the genes of each cat, no matter if it’s miles home or wild.
Urination outdoor of the cat bathroom isn’t spraying. What makes urination distinctive from spraying is that urination is generally executed on flat surface, e.G. A towel, a mat or rug, even as spraying is done on vertical floor, e.G. A wall.
Male and woman cats both spray urine however it’s miles extra common for male. They spray on vertical surfaces, consisting of walls and furniture.
Why cats spray urine
Urine spraying is a social, sexual and territorial behavior this is regular for male cats. They mark their territory by spraying it with urine. This behavior is due to hormonal modifications and generally starts when cat reaches sexual maturity. Female cats also spray, mainly all through the mating season.
Spraying may be stopped by using neutering. However, a few neutered cats hold to spray urine due to the truth they had been neutered when they have reached sexual adulthood. By that point, spraying has come to be a addiction for the pet.
Spraying urine is used as a message that given territory belongs to the cat. Cats typically spray as they turn backsides to the item and spray urine usually at the level of other cats’ noses. Spraying might also mean the cat is ready to mate.
Spraying as a territorial conduct may additionally occur when you move your pet into a new domestic or if you have multiple cat within the house. Cats may additionally spray if they are harassed or just to mark an undesirable object or litter.
Occasionally cats may spray gadgets that belong to a sure person. Cats companion those assets with terrible experiences. Spraying could also imply the pet is indignant, careworn or annoyed.
Pets can get harassed with the aid of changes in the house, which include your absences from home, changed work schedules that will prevent you from spending sufficient time with it. Your pet may spray in case you punish it in an irrelevant way or if it has a trouble with another pet that accepts as a rival or risk.
Few thoughts to stop your cat spraying?
1. The best way is to neuter it. This approach is powerful in ninety% of all male neutered cats. However, neutering need to be finished earlier than the animal reaches sexual maturity – on the age of 4-6 months.
2. The litter field have to be stored tidy and smooth. The cat may additionally start spraying if the container is grimy, scented or in a horrific location. You shouldn’t use scented cleaning agents to clean it.
Three. Try decreasing the cat’s strain by way of preserving a ordinary. Changes could make the puppy spray.
Four. Give your pet attention and affection. Play, massage, talk to him/her. Happy animals that aren’t threatened usually don’t spray urine.
5. Some cats spray urine close to doorways and windows wherein they see other cats. Try to lessen your cat’s exposure to different cats, so it does not feel threatened through them.
6. You must clean soiled areas thoroughly as cats typically urinate on locations that scent of urine. Avoid the use of cleaning products that contain ammonia. And understand that your cat can smell many stuff that you in all likelihood cannot.
7. If you have got many cats inside the house, spraying can also become very extreme trouble. Cats spray due to the competition between them. However, if spraying is because of different motives that can’t be determined or eliminated, pills can also need to be used to cope with the problem.
8. Hitting or yelling at the cat will not make your pet forestall spraying. On the opposite, this will handiest make the trouble worse. You need to try to discover why the cat is doing so, not to punish it for doing it.